Worst flu in ten years
- Came on 8 days ago. Started as a persistent cough. Later in the day, deep body chills. Wasn't able to eat for 4 or 5 days. Today is the first day I have been what I would call even semi-functioning
Flu with no sinus or cough
- I thought I had just worked out at the gym too hard and wax over-trained. That evening I was weak, no appetite, and couldn't sleep from the exhaustion. Felt "ok" the next day but with the lack of sleep I came home and took a nap. Oh boy! Woke up at around 9 PM with the worst headache and body aches and fever of 100.5. Fever got up to 102.7 that night and the headache and body aches were AWFUL. OH...and lots of sweating. Stayed in bed the next day drinking fluids, eating light, and taking Ibuprofen. Fever sort of broke. Thought I was doing better the next day and then suddenly got faint and dizzy and had to go home. Back came the headaches - especially when I stand up. So now here I am with no fever, sweats, headache, and slight body ache. Who knows when it will end for good? Ugh.
- —Guest wvuametz
got the flu, it is all over here
- I came down with the flu on Friday. I had the worst headache, and was extremely nauseous. I threw up until I fell asleep at about midnight. On day 2, I had congestion, raspy voice, runny nose. It is day 3 now and I have chills, slight fever, exhausted, I want to just nap. I am done with it already. It hard to deal with the flu and take care of kids on top of it.
- —Guest rach
- what I experienced was opposite every one else's stories - I had a fever for 4 days of 102-103f and sore body all over but no other symptoms - just felt weak and hot/cold - on the 5th day was still weak but felt good enough to go to work - on the 6th day started coughing and found my chest to be very tight - almost couldnt breathe - now 10th day and i have full blown cough with phlegm and mucus trying to get out - but still no other symptoms? Wondering now if i had the flu or just a chest infection? Not sure as I've never had something like this before?
- —Guest mom2girls
- i suddenly got flu overnight one day i was fine the next day i thought i was dying sore throat night sweats awful
- —Guest mauren doughty
- The previous days I have been working hard on running and later a paintball tournament and today when i woke up everything hurt! my skin,muscles,stomach, you name it :( I think I have a flu.
- —Guest Adam
- I flew out to visit my grand daughters and ended up with the flu. Two of them had been sick, with cough, congestion, and fever. Now grandma has it. The worst part is the cough, nothing is helping, so not getting as much sleep
- —Guest mk
- I started with stomach cramping, sore bones and muscles, headache, chills. Just wanted to stay in bed, no appetite. Also no fever,vomiting or diarrhea. No bowel movement 3 days. Pain gone day ten but now I have fever blisters all over my mouth. I remembr my Mom giving us peragoric as kids, boy did I wish I had some. I did go to the heathfood store and got some bitters made from dandelion, ginger and other natural ingediants. This seemed to help the stomach pain. Also picked up some peppermint gels with ginger and fennel oils. Every few days I thought I was feeling better than bam.. cramping again. Guess I will need to find something now for my fever blisters. Anyone else have my symptoms ?
worst flu ever
- first day i was fine, started getting a sore throat later on at night. Woke up with a horrible sore throat and headache and went to work. within a couple hours my whole back hurt along with my chest shoulders and neck. It hurt to breathe and I couldn't eat or drink anything. Completely exhausted. Went home and slept and still felt sick. I couldn't move because of the pain and all I wanted to do was cry (way too emotional). Day 3 I felt better and could move and eat and drink but still have body pains and random dizziness and nausea. Still too weak and exhausted to do anything no matter how much I sleep. On day 4 and the symptoms haven't changed.
- —Guest SAC
- My kids (11 and 13) have been hit by a Mac Truck, after an international flight. All three of us have battled severe, painful, hacking coughs, fevers hovering from 102-103.5, sore, prickly skin, headaches and delirium (briefly). There was a sick baby on our flight, just one row ahead, coughing it's little lungs out. It's kind parents stripped it down and walked it around the plane. No doubt we're not the only family experiencing hell in paradise. We've seen sick, but nothing like this. When my eldest son leaned his head off the side of the bed to retch, all I could do was throw a towel over it and faded away. I barely remembered what happened by morning. Can this really be the flu???
- —Guest LCW
Day 8 still tired
- I am in Missouri...came down with flu on 3/5/12. Diagnosed with Type a on 3/6/12. Had fever, chills, horrible cough, body aches, eyes hurt. Its day 8 and I still have mucus and a cough but mainly Im just very tired. I have little to no energy and getting tired of being sick. I want my energy back. Fever broke and left Thursday night. Just residual tiredness left
- —Guest Tina
- Got flu like symptoms six days ago.Day 1-Woke up with all my joints hurting a pain across my forhead and my eyes hurt when looking around stayed in bed. Day-2 same symtoms as Day1 but with tickly cough loss of appetite and feeling weak. Still in bed. Day-3 all mentioned symtoms still there but now with a headache. Day-4 woke up felt a bit better thought I was on the mend then wham it all hit me again but worse my whole top of my head was very sore. went back to bed. Day-5 pain in joints subsided but now bottom of ribs hurting stayed in bed. Day 6 woke up felt a bit better but now feels like I have cotton wool in my ears and soreness on scalp almost unbearable managed to get to Doctors only to be told I now have a chest infection he gave me strong antibiotics. I still have a very sore scalp alswo a mild ear ache most of the other symtoms are gone but still feeling weak.
- —Guest Bill Canning
- Started yesterday with mild back pain in the afternoon at work which turned into severe back pain by the evening. Fever of 100.2 at 730 pm turned into fever of 100.6 by 5:30 am. Took nyquill pills every 6 hours with ibupruofen. Fever went down still have back and leg pain stuffy and runny nose deep cough, occasionally coughing up mucus. Exhausted and eyes hurt. Many hot showers and baths that just don't seem to be helping. Hardly any appetite which is unusual for me. Hope this goes away soon I feel like I'm dying. Hope you all get better soon. Lesson learned - take vitamins and get flu shots. Every year I get sick but its because I don't protect myself or my immune system.
- —Guest sam
may be the flu
- I've been running for a race, so I just thought the terrible soreness and tiredness was from the working out so much, but i was doing it as normal, all of the sudden I felt like I was hit by a truck, couldn't get up from bed, I was exhausted, didn't have the energy I usually get after a run, plus I was so congested and had the head cold so I wore a hat to go to sleep at night, have been real cold even when the weather have been fair, but surprisingly enough I haven't gotten a headache, its been a week
- —Guest RCB
- Day 1 i woke up in the middle of the night with chills and fever.day 2 i had tea w/lemon and honey and a tylenol felt a little better went to work by the afternoon i had fever again bodyaches headaches.day 3 in bed with all the same symptons its horrible i hadnt gotten sick since 2009 if i could remember.i always got a cold but not the flu.
- —Guest leo