The cold is the most common illness in the world. We have all had one at some point in our lives. Although every cold is different and may cause different symptoms, certain symptoms bother us more than others. What do you think is the worst cold symptom? Share Your Thoughts
Death would be sweeter
- Once upon a time, I was able to breathe. That was before The Cold! My nose is all stuffy and so I haveto breathe through my mouth, only that does not work because I my body hates me. Every stickin time I try to breath I cough. Every time I move I'm wheezing on the floor dying. People keep telling me to suck it up, well let me sneeze on you and then tell YOU to suck it up, Mom!!!
- —Guest delirious due to lack of oxygen
Leave me allone
- I have been sick for 4 days and it is begining to be painful i have blocked nose and aching body and i keep sneezing and then my nose bleeds i cant breath through my nose i have to through my mouth and i cant eat properly cause i have to breath out my mouth and from breathing out my mouth my throat has become swolen and sore also my right eye wont stop wartering ugh go away.
- —Guest Ana
- I have a runny nose a fever a headache a cough and throwing up. Idk what I have but it's terrible.
- —Guest Pickle
- I hate having colds. Its the worst when u cant breath through your nose and u have to breath through your mouth which makes it really dry. All that stuffy nose makes a lot of pressure in your head and that is the worst symptom and your lungs feel like they want to explode bc if all phlegm thats stuck there. :(
- —Guest brenda
sick need relief
- threw up been sick real intence cough so intence there was blood runny nose congestion feel lousy.
- —Guest venessa
My nose stings so much!
- Are heatings gone off so overnight my cold has developed into ful on ache at the top of my nose. I sneeze continues ey and feel drowsy and my eyes are sore , Help!
- —Guest Mad
STOPPED EARS AND SWELLED BLOOD RED EYES
- I CAN BREATHE THROUGH MY NOSE BUT MY EARS HURT AND BURN EYES HAS WHITE BOOGERY STUFF COMING OUT OF MY EYES AND FEEL DRY BUT WATER RUNS OUT THE SIDE AND OF THE MORNINGS MY EYES ARE MATTERED TOGETHER... IM MISERABLE... COUGH TOO MUCH AND MY BREATH CATCHES WHN I BREATHE IN.... IVE TOOK ALMOST A WHOLE BOTTLE DELSUME COLD MEDICINE AND TAKING BENADRIL HALLS BREEZE COUGH DROPS... DONT KNOW WAT ELSE TO DO AND CANT AFFORD DOCTOR BILL N MEDICINE AT A DRUG STORE.... I STARTED OUT WTH FEVER AND CHILLS FREEZING TO DEATH AND ACHED ALL OVER AND NOW HOT FLASHES THAT POPS UP ANYTIME... WAT CAN I DO?????
- —Guest Uggh HELP PLEASE????
- I've been feeling "under the weather" for about 2 weeks, but the illness just hit me 2 days ago. it started off just with a bit of a sore throat, not too much to handle, but now i have slightly watery eyes, awful congestion, and a headache. I've heard common colds only last about 3-4 days, which is good because I'm on my 3rd, but you still have a stuffy nose for a while, but its bearable. i NEED to get over this SOON! Christmas is coming up in 3 days, and i still have a lot of gifts to get! but here are some recommendations to get over a cold faster:
•NO SUGAR! 1 teaspoon of sugar brings your immune system down 75% for 3 hours.
•SLEEP! less than 7 hours of sleep triples your chance of getting sick. id recommend getting at least 10 while you have your cold, and take short naps during the day.
•EAT GREENS! I've been eating kale, spinach, lettuce, peppers, anything green lately. its super healthy and boosts your immune system.
hope this helped everyone!
- —Guest SJ
- I came down with a cough, then turned into a running nose, now my chest hurts and I sound all nasal where everytime I cough I feel pretty bad just ready for it to end.
- —Guest Serve victim
I'm going crazy
- I have been sick for almost a week and it felt like the longest, most painful and most annoying (to say the least) week of my life. Today I feel a little better I have no sore throat anymore but my nose is so runny that I just want to cut off my nose and I have the worst coughs. I tried everything, Vapor rubs, nose sprays, medicine, hot shower, EVERYTHING! but my nose is still exploding with phlegm/mucus/whatever. Plus I have bad dirreah.
- —Guest Shaylynn
- All of the symtoms suck I say,I can't believe there is no cure for it either.i gets cold at least three times a year, I feel like I'm sick all the time. Noboby else in my family gets sick as much as I do. I get 8 hours sleep every night ,take vitamins, drink echinachia tea, exercise too, I must have a bad immune system or something ugggghh!!!
- —Guest Ali
- Can't breathe clogged up bad can't lay down cause it is worse than . Feels like someone threw water up my nose all the time
- —Guest Tricia
I hate this.
- I have a really bad cold. My nose is so stuffed up, my head is killing me, I'm so dizzy, my throat hurts, I can't sneeze but I feel like I have to constantly, I can't sleep, ugh there's too many things about it to say. It's awful. I wish it would just GO AWAY!!!!!
- —Guest Moo imma cow
- I think my son brought this lovely gift home from school. It started 12 days ago when I felt a "cold sore" coming on. I know if I get one of those I am going to get sick. I put my special medicine onto the cold sore and it was gone in two days but I got the flu/cold. The fatigue is overwhelming!!! I am so tired no matter how much I sleep, extremely dry eyes and dry nose, lots of sneezing, slight temp that comes and goes, feeling dizzy or what I call spaced out, neck hurts, slight cough. The last cold/flu I had like this lasted 4 weeks - 2 of those weeks I couldn't get out of bed because the fatigue was excruciating. I have two kids and a full time job and thankfully I work from home so I can do my job in my pjs. Usually I get a cold once or twice a year - this is my first one this year. The rest of the family got it too but mine is lingering and I don't know why.
- —Guest Christina
Terrifying awakenings at night!
- Whenever I have a cold virus I fall asleep at night, then awaken in shock unable to breathe. It is honestly terrifying.
- —Guest Lily