From the article: Common Cold Symptoms
The cold is the most common illness in the world. We have all had one at some point in our lives. Although every cold is different and may cause different symptoms, certain symptoms bother us more than others. What do you think is the worst cold symptom? Share Your Thoughts
sick need relief
- threw up been sick real intence cough so intence there was blood runny nose congestion feel lousy.
- —Guest venessa
My nose stings so much!
- Are heatings gone off so overnight my cold has developed into ful on ache at the top of my nose. I sneeze continues ey and feel drowsy and my eyes are sore , Help!
- —Guest Mad
STOPPED EARS AND SWELLED BLOOD RED EYES
- I CAN BREATHE THROUGH MY NOSE BUT MY EARS HURT AND BURN EYES HAS WHITE BOOGERY STUFF COMING OUT OF MY EYES AND FEEL DRY BUT WATER RUNS OUT THE SIDE AND OF THE MORNINGS MY EYES ARE MATTERED TOGETHER... IM MISERABLE... COUGH TOO MUCH AND MY BREATH CATCHES WHN I BREATHE IN.... IVE TOOK ALMOST A WHOLE BOTTLE DELSUME COLD MEDICINE AND TAKING BENADRIL HALLS BREEZE COUGH DROPS... DONT KNOW WAT ELSE TO DO AND CANT AFFORD DOCTOR BILL N MEDICINE AT A DRUG STORE.... I STARTED OUT WTH FEVER AND CHILLS FREEZING TO DEATH AND ACHED ALL OVER AND NOW HOT FLASHES THAT POPS UP ANYTIME... WAT CAN I DO?????
- —Guest Uggh HELP PLEASE????
- I've been feeling "under the weather" for about 2 weeks, but the illness just hit me 2 days ago. it started off just with a bit of a sore throat, not too much to handle, but now i have slightly watery eyes, awful congestion, and a headache. I've heard common colds only last about 3-4 days, which is good because I'm on my 3rd, but you still have a stuffy nose for a while, but its bearable. i NEED to get over this SOON! Christmas is coming up in 3 days, and i still have a lot of gifts to get! but here are some recommendations to get over a cold faster: •NO SUGAR! 1 teaspoon of sugar brings your immune system down 75% for 3 hours. •SLEEP! less than 7 hours of sleep triples your chance of getting sick. id recommend getting at least 10 while you have your cold, and take short naps during the day. •EAT GREENS! I've been eating kale, spinach, lettuce, peppers, anything green lately. its super healthy and boosts your immune system. hope this helped everyone!
- —Guest SJ
- I came down with a cough, then turned into a running nose, now my chest hurts and I sound all nasal where everytime I cough I feel pretty bad just ready for it to end.
- —Guest Serve victim
I'm going crazy
- I have been sick for almost a week and it felt like the longest, most painful and most annoying (to say the least) week of my life. Today I feel a little better I have no sore throat anymore but my nose is so runny that I just want to cut off my nose and I have the worst coughs. I tried everything, Vapor rubs, nose sprays, medicine, hot shower, EVERYTHING! but my nose is still exploding with phlegm/mucus/whatever. Plus I have bad dirreah.
- —Guest Shaylynn
- All of the symtoms suck I say,I can't believe there is no cure for it either.i gets cold at least three times a year, I feel like I'm sick all the time. Noboby else in my family gets sick as much as I do. I get 8 hours sleep every night ,take vitamins, drink echinachia tea, exercise too, I must have a bad immune system or something ugggghh!!!
- —Guest Ali
- Can't breathe clogged up bad can't lay down cause it is worse than . Feels like someone threw water up my nose all the time
- —Guest Tricia
I hate this.
- I have a really bad cold. My nose is so stuffed up, my head is killing me, I'm so dizzy, my throat hurts, I can't sneeze but I feel like I have to constantly, I can't sleep, ugh there's too many things about it to say. It's awful. I wish it would just GO AWAY!!!!!
- —Guest Moo imma cow
- I think my son brought this lovely gift home from school. It started 12 days ago when I felt a "cold sore" coming on. I know if I get one of those I am going to get sick. I put my special medicine onto the cold sore and it was gone in two days but I got the flu/cold. The fatigue is overwhelming!!! I am so tired no matter how much I sleep, extremely dry eyes and dry nose, lots of sneezing, slight temp that comes and goes, feeling dizzy or what I call spaced out, neck hurts, slight cough. The last cold/flu I had like this lasted 4 weeks - 2 of those weeks I couldn't get out of bed because the fatigue was excruciating. I have two kids and a full time job and thankfully I work from home so I can do my job in my pjs. Usually I get a cold once or twice a year - this is my first one this year. The rest of the family got it too but mine is lingering and I don't know why.
- —Guest Christina
Terrifying awakenings at night!
- Whenever I have a cold virus I fall asleep at night, then awaken in shock unable to breathe. It is honestly terrifying.
- —Guest Lily
My ears and throat!
- I normally get a cold once of twice and year..but when I do..THEY'RE SO TERRIBLE. My throat feels like it's on fire and my ears are just in plain out pain! CAN I JUST SNEEZE, PLEASE!?
- —Guest FrostBitFlowers
- Got a good but this one is much weaker than my last cold about a year ago. I was on a cruise in the Caribbean. After about one day on the sea my symptoms started. For a whole day I was stuck in my tiny room bed ridden. The next day I was not much better but mustered the strength to go pet some dolphins and stuff. I couldn't taste any of the food and it pretty much sucked. Worst cold ever was when I visited my brother. We went to his favorite Greek restaurant. I got the seafood special. Never get the seafood special. I got deathly ill and everything was just running straight through me. On top of my digestive illness I got a cold. For 4 days I was not able to eat, I was super dehydrated and having an awful cold....I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room. After days of misery I got better but wow was I sick.
- —Guest sickntired
- My headache is my worse symptom.it feels like my head istwice its size.and clogged up!
- —Guest debbie
I can't handle this!
- I have had a horrible cough for over a month now, it is still going on my now I have a runny nose and my ears won't pop! That isn't the worst part, the worst part is my face hurts and my eyes are swollen and ichy it keeps me up all hours of the night! Worst cold I have had in a long time.
- —Guest Ayla
1-15 of 123Next