You should contact your doctor if you have a sore throat and any of the following symptoms.
- When accompanied by white patches in the throat.
- When accompanied by fever for more than 2 days.
- When accompanied by cough that produces mucous or cough that lasts for more than a week.
- When a child has a harsh, barking cough (may sound like a seal bark).
- When accompanied by peeling in the mouth and swollen gums and tongue.
You should always contact your health care provider if you are concerned about your sore throat.
"Familydoctor.org." Throat Problems. 1996. American Academy of Family Physicians. 24 Oct 2006.