Learn About the Symptoms and Diagnosis of the Common Cold and Flu
- What Is Cold/Flu/Common Illnesses?
- Symptoms of Cold/Flu/Common Illnesses
- Check Your Symptoms
- When to See Your Healthcare Provider
- When You Get Sick
What Is Cold/Flu/Common Illnesses?
Not sure what the difference is between a cold and the flu? Want to know more about other common illnesses such as sinusitis, strep throat and pneumonia? This is the place to find out just what these illnesses are, plus everything else you need to know if you or someone you know has one of these conditions.
- What Is the Common Cold?
- What Is the Flu?
- What Is Pneumonia?
- What Is Walking Pneumonia?
- What Is Bronchitis?
- What Is the Stomach Flu?
- What Is RSV?
- What Is Tonsillitis?
- What Is Sinusitis?
- What Is Strep Throat?
- What Is Chickenpox?
- What is Croup?
- What is Bronchiolitis?
- What Is an Ear Infection?
- What Is Salmonella?
- What Is E. Coli?
- What Is Pertussis?
- Debunking Common Cold and Flu Myths
- Types of Flu
- What Is H3N2v Influenza?
Symptoms of Cold/Flu/Common Illnesses
Not sure if that runny nose could be a cold, the flu or something else? Find out the symptoms of these illnesses and get help figuring out what could be causing your symptoms.
- Symptoms of the Common Cold
- Symptoms of the Flu
- Quiz - Is it a Cold or the Flu?
- Flu Symptoms in Children
- Symptoms of the Stomach Flu
- Symptoms of Bronchitis
- Symptoms of Pneumonia
- Is it a Cold or Allergies?
- Adenovirus 14 - The Killer Cold
- Symptoms of H1N1 Swine Flu
Check Your Symptoms
Not sure what is ailing you? Evaluate your symptoms and see what the possibilities may be.
- How the Flu is Diagnosed
- How the Common Cold is Diagnosed
- Evaluate Your Fever
- Evaluate Your Congestion
- Evaluate Your Cough
- Evaluate Your Itch
- Evaluate Your Vomiting
- How to Find a Doctor
- Common Cold and Flu Complications
- When to be Concerned About Fevers
- Incubation Period for Strep Throat
- Causes of Stomach Flu
When to See Your Healthcare Provider
Not sure if you need to see your healthcare provider? There are times when you are better off staying home and other times when you definitely should not.
- For Abdominal Pain
- For a Sore Throat
- How to Find a Healthcare Provider
- When to Take Your Child to the Pediatrician
When You Get Sick
Find out what to expect if you or someone you care about gets sick with a cold, the flu or other common illness. This guide will help you figure out what to do and how you can prevent the illness from occurring in the future.
- 2012 - 2013 Flu
- How Long Does the Flu Last?
- Flu Incubation Period
- Are You at High Risk for Complications from the Cold/Flu?
- How the Flu Affects Babies and Young Children