If you are one of the millions of people who get a flu shot each year, share your reasons for making that choice. Do you do it for yourself or those around you? Why do you get flu shots?
The opposite actually. Please read
- I hope you will publish this. Most often websites and blogs that are promoting vaccinations don't want to hear the 'other' examples. I do think it is time for people to listen though. I didn't get flu shots - I got polio from the the polio vaccination. This girl had this result from the flu vaccine. I will never get flu shots again and haven't since I left home - flu shots gave me a serious flu each year that I lived with my family. I have not had any flu since not doing that and get to actually live a normal life. This girl's story is just one of countless. We should not be expected to get vaccinated just because some people believe it works and does no harm. It certainly harms many people. http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/parents-of-saba-button-who-was-victim-of-flu-vaccine-debacle-receive-payout-from-wa-government/story-fnhocxo3-1226945651845
- —Guest WhiteCrow
- I contracted the Mother of all flu's two years ago. I was like a Zombie, or something. SO dizzy, and unable to lift my head. It seemed as though the fever never broke. It just went on and on (naturally, when I had so much work to take care of) and I was completely incapacitated. It really frightened me.
I made it through last yer unscathed, (just a touch of late Summer and early fall cold/flu) but nothing too drastic. This year i had several trips and I knew I would be among the masses. Airports, hotels, travel in general..I knew if it was out there, I would catch it. So I had the Flu shot the end of October.
The problem is; even though I haven't come down with the dreaded "super flu", I have been unwell since having had the Flu shot. I have had a constant and never-ending cold/flu since the end of October! I am still not feeling right, truth be told.
- You have CONVINCED ME :) I am self-employed with ZERO health insurance and NO family doctor. I WILL pay the $20 or whatever to get a flu shot this year. I DID get the flu for just TWO days in 2011. That was TWO 'lost days' of UNPAID WORK :( $20 or so is MUCH CHEAPER :) THANK YOU :) Sincerely from Cheryl Lynn :)
- —Guest Cheryl
flu shot for me?
- I got the flu shot for the first time this year. My job offers. Them for free but I have just never gotten one. However ilive with and take care of my 86yearold granny in law. As well as live with my mother in law who has health issues. Working in retail you always get the sickly coming in. Though I rarely get sick I didn't want to get it and give it to them.it didn't hurt(I have a fear of needles) and none of us have been ill. So I guess it was a good choice...
- —Guest autumnash
Why I got the flu shot
- I was a teacher last year and ultimately contracted H1N1 from one of my students. It turned to pnuemonia and almost killed me. So.....for me, the flu shot only made since. Its my first time getting it.
- —Guest Jamice