Flu symptoms are not the same for everyone. The same virus can affect different people in different ways. If you have ever had the flu, I want to hear from you. Share your experiences with the flu and tell us what your flu symptoms were. Tell your story and let others know that the flu is definitely not just a bad cold.
When I was 17, I got the flu on a band trip. I had a fever of 103, I was exhausted and had a bad cough. But I was determined to march in the Fiesta Bowl parade. I did, but when I got home I discovered that my flu had turned into pneumonia! It can happen to anyone. Share your flu symptom stories. Tell Your Story
- Ive had so many headaches and aches coughin congestion fevers chills. I'm also not eating as much as normal like today at school I took like 3 bites of my food and was full so I gave my friend the rest. I haven't had my flu shot neither so that doesn't help my case at all.
- —Guest Alyssa
- My bf had the flu last week. He got a runny nose Sunday, then Tuesday night his symptoms worsened with runny nose, burning itchy nose and sore throat. The next day Wed, he didnt go to work. His runny nose, burning itchy nose was making him constanly sneeze which was making his eyes water, and he still had his sore throat and he just felt crappy. He came good by friday. Now its the next week, and ive caught his flu (since we live together). Like him I had the runny nose Monday, along with sneezing, Tuesday night my symptoms were identicaal to my bf's, so yest(wed) and today (thurs) im staying home. Ive woken up and my nose is itchy and burning, im sneezing and my eyes are watering. It hasnt affected my appetite, but I have to say overall, I feel like death warmed up, its hell.
Flu is spreading here
- On Monday, I went to lunch with some ladies I knew. One was coughing but covering her mouth. I still left as soon as I finished eating and could politely extract myself. Too late! On Friday, it poleaxed me. Around 4PM I suddenly was achy all over, had a headache and was soooo tired I could hardly move. I went to bed for 2 days (lost 5 lbs - no appetite). Then I got up on Sunday, I felt better and thought I was over it. Then on Monday ACT II. Coughing, sinus drip, etc....just like a regular cold except cough sounds like I am coughing my lungs out. I am now on day 2 of the cold so I don't know how long it will last. I am canceling all engagements for now in hope that I will not be spreading it to others. When I described my symptoms to friends, they all knew someone who had had this although some reported nausea also.
- —Guest Donna
flu / cold
- it started with a sore throat, then a headache. cold stuffy nose then hot face and eyes. wen i try to sleep my nasal passage gets dry. waking up in middle of night and coughing. cold sweats
- —Guest Ken
do i have the flu
- i may have the flu. i have horrible body aches, headaches, dizziness, sore throat
- —Guest niggah fromthe hill
- Same as Tiff going on three days Weak, Diarrhea, congestion and allergies to boot!
- —Guest Tob
- Headache, can't focus, shakes, fever and watery diarrhea ): I'm aching all over and I feel so weak. Dont know what to do
- —Guest Tiff
Sick for 6 Weeks
- This is awful and I'm wondering why it's lasting so long. It started with a sore throat and a cough. The cough progressively got worse until I coughed for over a half hour at a time. The coughing is only once in awhile now, but I still have night sweats, fatigue, weakness in my muscles (even a walk up the stairs leaves me breathless). Headache, muscle pain in back and neck, vomiting, nausea, no appetite.
- —Guest DAB
- Started last night about 6 with chills. Couldn't get warm. Temp outside was 70+. Then cramps, diarrhea, major body aches, and 100.4 fever. Went to bed about 9:30, couldn't sleep - really stuffy nose. Called doc for tamiflu. Will pick up soon. Hope it eorks
- —Guest revclaud
- Day 1- fatigue- I thought I had allergies, but I slept in til 11:00 AM which is longer than I've slept since college. Day 2- woke up at 4:30AM unable to breathe properly. Woke up sweating fever of 100.1. Dizzy, exhausted, disoriented, loose stools. Day 3- woke up at 2:30AM freezing and shivering. Fever 102.6. Disoriented, dizzy, loose stools, nausea, runny nose, cough, sore throat, severe joint pain, kidneys ache, pain during urination. Severe headache, burning chest phlegm- heart pain, muscle stiffness & soreness, ringing in ears, dark vision, severe malaise & exhaustion, spine pain, foul taste in mouth, low appetite, funky body odor, profuse sweating, shaky legs, sinus pain. Day 3 woke up at 6:30AM in a puddle of sweat, fever 101.1, felt better during the day, thought I kicked it. Fever went away. Aches & pains mostly subsided. Sinuses began to clear up. Day 4- woke up 2:00AM fever came back- woke up drenched. EXTREME headache radiating down my spine, throbbing. Ran out of space...
- —Guest EarlyTruck
What's Going On??
- Day1: I felt a sore throat coming on. Day2: i woke up dizzy, with a runny nose, and a rattled cough. Mid afternoon that same day my whole body became extremely sore it hurt to move. And i have a cough that felt as if i was coughing up blood (but wasn't) and felt like it was burning and ripping my chest. Day3: I have a cough that burns my chest and still a runny nose but my body is less sore. Now my throat feels like it's being ripped!
- —Guest Brittbratzz
Flu - or something like it
- I worked out on a Thursday. The next day I felt a little weak, but just put that down to the workout, as I hadn't been in a gym for a while. Had planned Friday to go for a run, which I did. Again, felt tired and weak afterwards, but attributed the fatigue to just getting older, more exercise than I'm used to and the normal end-of-the-week malaise. The next day I woke with a headache and felt very weak and tired. I was starting to think that something was wrong, but that night confirmed it. My body started aching, the headache intensified and my temperature rose. Spent most of the rest of the next day in bed. Took some thera-flu by mid-day and went back to bed. Sweated profusely, and felt a little better, so I got up and started doing somethings around the house. The symptoms quickly came back, so I went back to bed. Pretty much the same story for the next couple of days. The symptoms would abate after sleep, rest and medication, but would return quickly if I over did it.
- —Guest stiggotracey
- I been sick for four days now. Day 1- horrible head ache, felt pukey, very tired. Day 2- no head ache, still very tired, had little enrgery, slept a lot. Barley drank and ate. Day 3- still no head ache, but felt like I was going to get sick, but didn't. Still didn't eat much nor drank much. Day 4- felt slightly better but if I get up and walk around my head will start spinning and I get very weak were I want to faint. Also now my legs shake when I walk. And my lower back hurts. (more than likely from barely eating and drinking.)
- —Guest victoria
Worst flu for 2012
- Fever night sweats for 10 days, Nausea. joint pain back and finger joins, Major sinus infection. lack o f appetite coughing continued sinus pain. this has been going on for a month.Got scared as I have never been this for so long. Loose bowels too.
- —Guest Barbara
Had Flu Mist
- Still got it. Thought it was allergies on day 1. Day 2 fever spiked to 104, productive cough with upper chest congestion, full sinuses with headache back to ears, lower back pain, some shortness of breath. Day 3 on meds fever still hit 103.7 in the afternoon. Massive night sweats night 3 and 4. Sweat through 6 sets of sheets night 3 and 3 sets on night 4. Day 5 wasn't too bad with light activity. Day 6 did moderate activity at work and wore myself out. Day 7 back at home with very low fever, headache, cough, congestion. Plan on back to work tomorrow. Very contagious - my wife and 2 kids got it 4 days after me. Not so bad for the kids, but my wife is in rough shape. Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen kept the fever down below 104.
- —Guest Pat