- I woke up so sick this morning. My chest was, and is, on fire. Wheezing started this evening. I barely have the energy to get out of bed. My body has never been so sore. Fever holding steady at 100.4. Hoping for a decent nights sleep but the coughing fits are not likely to subside. I did have a flu shot FYI. Apparently it didn't work.
- —Guest Dan
virus I think
- Went to bed Sunday headache and fever running nose hot cold sweats headache comes and goes but there most off the time 5 days now no change when will it end
- —Guest colin
welcome to hell
- Does this illness ever end ? Ive been sick for 6 miserable days.Started with a cough and chest pain than about 12 hours later I felt like a got ran over by a truck and dropped off in the Bering Sea.The only thing thats helping warm me up is hot green tea with honey.
- —Guest wstock
Throat burns. I wanna die.
- Nose is driving me mad and naps only last 1 hour before I get up and sneeze myself awake. Smeezing a lot, sometimes it just tickles. Sneeze doesn't come. Right eye swollen shut and tired, very watery and runny. Throat feels like hell. Shoot me now...
- —Guest Kat
Flu Type B
- I woke up Friday with a bit of a cough and sore throat. I ignored it and drank extra water thinking I just need a drink. That night I stared getting chills, a headache, a worsened cough and sore throat, and horrible all over body aches. On Saturday I woke up and had all the same syptoms but much worse bad cough and and awful neck/headache. Sunday I visited the doc and they said I had a mild case of type B influenza. I feel extremely tired and the simplest activivities exhaust me. Today I still have a mild fever and bad headache/neck ache, but my aches has gotten much better. I will hopefully be able to recover and return to normal activities by Wednesday.
- —Guest Jordan
- Have had low grade fever, under 100 degrees, so I thought this would pass. But it has hung on. No appetite, canker sores and sore throat, no energy. Today is day 4 and I'm no better.
- —Guest Peggy
Flu? Bronchitis? Pneumonia? What??
- I went to school yesterday thinking nothing was wrong, felt fine all day until 5th and 6th hour.. Yesterday it was jus a little tickling cough.. Now it's a painful cough, chest pains, swollen throat, eyes watering, headaches, sudden chills, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and I'm tired.. All within one day.
- —Guest Krista Katastrophe
- Started with a scratchy throat before bed, woke up in night with head ache and body aches. Woke up in the morning with bad cough, head ache and ache all over. Low grade fever, watering eyes, lower back pain, no appetite, no energy. Thirsty. Couldn't sleep just totally uncomfortable unable to walk because my feet hurt. MISERABLE....
- —Guest CJ
- i am starting to get over the flu now after 2 weeks. if someone asked me what is hell like id say the flu. inhad 104 fever--still no strength and not good balance, i try to eat little bits since now my stomach is finally finished with the diarrea.im not hungry, but if i dont try it will go on forever.i sleep and wish my energy would return. its the worst experience of my life---ive had colds like anyone, but this---feels like a truck is laying on my stomach. if this hell doesnt leave my body soon, i dont know what to do. i hear people are suffering for months. somehow this yr --i dont understand why its so bad, i just want to be me again. will it ever happen? i sure pray it does. for me icall it the influenza hellk of 2013.
- —Guest amilie
- Started with head cold symptoms, quickly changed to severe body and back ache, muscle twitches, fever. Even my skin hurt. No appetite, really thirsty. Took Tamiflu and within 24 hrs. Body aches were gone fever went down but head cold turned into chest congestion and coughing. Felt out of breath. Tamiflu made me feel strange. It made my gums itch and burn like I could pick my teeth out. Went to doc he said flu is now gone but bronchitis is there. He gave me z pack. Day 3 on z pack I'm finally feeling better. It has been a total of 9 days.
- —Guest Victwa
Flu. I'm on day 3
- Day 1- Sunday I noticed a sore throat but thought nothing of it. Day 2- Monday woke up at 5am for work and my throat hurt so bad. Didnt even try getting prettied up for work (I'm a waitress) , by 8am I noticed I was freezing but thought it might just be the restaurant - until I realized I was the only one who thought it was cold. In between waiting tables I'd sit on a chair in the back huddled up. Started noticing my temp going up. Felt fatigued. Finally asked my boss to find someone to cover the rest of my shift cause I could barely talk to tables because my throat hurt so bad. Went home at 11 am and slept all day. Day 3- Tuesday. Today I phoned into work again. Can't talk without coughing and not being able to stop. My abs hurt whenever I cough now. Still getting chills, really sweaty at times I assume still a slight fever -don't have a thermometer - still really tired. Boss is making me go to work tomorrow. Handling q bunch of people's food. Dunno how that will end.
- —Guest Marisa
Worst flu of my life
- Still recovering from what I can only assume was the flu. I've had debilitating back pain n body aches, chills, fever that has ranged from low grade to 102. My appetite has remained fairly normal but it doesn't matter when you can't taste anything! I'm coughing and sneezing, and my head has went from congested to my nose running non stop. I've been sick in the past but as I mentioned never with such horrible back pain is this something anyone else's has had while sick? I just hope I never get this sick again! I wish a speedy recovery to anyone who gets sick this flu season (:
- —Guest Amy
- I have been slowly getting the flu over the past week. It started with cough, next day runny nose, then just aches everywhere, and now every day I just have that sick feeling getting worse everyday. Does this mean that when I do get the flu, it will be worse than normal? And I don't believe in shots but I think next year I'm going to get one.
- —Guest Dylan(14 years old)
- I rarely get the flu, about once every 4-5 years. This is one of my years. I should have known something was wrong when I didn't want any coffee Thursday morning. I was clearly getting worse and worse as I made the 30 minute commute to school (teacher). By the time I got there and took my temp it was 101.2. When I stood up I got dizzy so I sat back down. Someone had me drinking sprite. A few hours later I was able to get myself home. I ran a temp until my husband could get to me and take my temp and get some tylenol. I ached and had a fever that finally broke the next morning (with tylenol). I had no appetite, mostly drank gatorade and ate some crackers. I slept until noon on Friday. I did wake up Friday morning and ate an apple. Later a PB&J sandwich. Tylenol kept the fever at bay until Saturday evening. (I moved Sat.) It is Monday and I'm going to see if the fever stays gone without any tylenol. So 101 fever, coughing, aching, very tired, no appetite.
- —Guest Denise
- I had major sleep deprivation period last weekend while working stressful long hours. Started with fatigue and sore throat on 1/14/13. Called off sick that day. Took it easy for a couple days, sore throat persisted. By 1/17/13 went back to work feeling okay...still sore throat, then a bit of a runny nose. Worked 1/18/13, with minimal sore throat, occasional sneeze and runny nose. Cough started yesterday with stuffy nose. Went to bed last night, had persistent cough and headache. Now, today I have had bad headache, body aches, fever... wondering if day 1 of my flu is when I first had sore throat. This sucks!
- —Guest kathy