- The flu hit me yesterday like a ton of bricks. I woke up with a head ache and feeling a little tired but I took a motrin and said a prayer and felt better. All of a sudden about two hours after I woke My whole body started aching and I couldn't get warm I Could hardly move. last night I was in the rest room getting sick and barely made it to my room because I felt very faint only by the Grace of God did I make it. Today I feel better with a few hot flashes and stomach cramps still a little weak with a head ache. so hopefully the worse is over :)
- —Guest Trish
2011 flu symptoms
- experienced 3 major symptoms with the flu this 2011 year: severe headache, neck pain, upset stomach
- —Guest Sandra Bedford
- Started off with a sore throat, got worse, whenever I cough it feels like my throat is disintegrating. Got terrible pains all down my side and back. Haven't yet gone to a doctor and haven't started feeling weak.
- —Guest December 2011
I can't quit coughing my brains out...
- ...I cant stop coughing. This started last week being sick. Chest, head, fatigue, loss of appetite, loss of any long term energy. I have never been sick longer than a few days at most. But I also have diabetes now which doesnt help. But the biggest problem has been the coughing. Just had to stop and hack up again and that was after taking cough medicine and some more honey. Oh man! So miserable and all I want to do is stop coughing.
- —Guest I Hate The Flu-
- It first started out as my face hurting so I just went to school. Next day I feel worse. Runny nose, tired, headack, so no school for me. Next day I have a cough, throat hurting, not wanting to move, not wanting to eat and a temp. Know I don't know if I have the flu because I'm not throwing up or have any problem using the restroom.
- —Guest Sydney
Glad I'm not alone!
- I was thinking I had mono from the fatigue and other symptoms I have had.Beento the Doctor,ER and have had an ultrasound because my symptoms have been so weird.The worst symptom is the extreme fatigue.Been pushing myself to work but feel like I am going to die at the end of the day.Pounding headaches,muscle aches (mainly in my back).The weird thing to me is that I have never had a flu shot but work in healthcare and this is the first time I have been really sick.I probably got one of the viruses that was not in the flu vaccine this year! Hoping to be back to normal soon.Thanks for all the blogs!
- —Guest Carrie
Nasty Flu in Pennsylvania
- We just finished suffering from major flooding in Pa so we have alot of molds and critter-bugs running around; this flu season has been THE WORST for me so far. I'm mad because my boyfriend had just bought a ticket to fly out to see me! Now we have to reschedule as I wrihe in pain misery. Started with a headache/sinus infection; then to a sore throat, now to sever muscle pains and cough; coughing up all kinds of goo right now. Doc put me on z-pac, didnt work, and now I'm on Avelox anti-viral because I have asthma and he wants to be sure I dont fall into pneumonia. Also have a supply of prednisone just in case. This is not fun... I really want to get better.
- —Guest melanie
flu or cold?
- This started 4 days ago with severe sore throat and large lump like feeling with difficulty swallowing and ear pain. Day 2 couldn't sleep all night long, I felt agitated, uncomfortable and still severe sore throat and large lump like feeling, along with major headache and dizziness. The next morning severe pain in my neck, back, shoulders and legs. Could barely get out of bed to call off work. Finally out of pure exhaustion I slept all day. Woke up and felt HORRIBLE. Day 4, called off work again, sore throat, tired and achey, congestion, dripping, burning in my nose and eyes, coughing up gross stuff, throat feels full of fluid and hard to swallow, doing basic tasks like laundry was exhausting with some body aches. began to feel overheated, dizzy, severe pressure in my head and at times difficulty breathing with stuffy nose and chest congestion. It is feels like a cold but worse. Only flu symptom I did not have was chills...but just started to feel too hot and uncomfortable :(
- —Guest Denise
Flu Symptoms For 8 Weeks Now
- Started with a 4 day migraine. Characterized by constant headache, 'thick' feeling in the brain, dizzyness, light sensitive, sound sensitive and muscle ache especially neck and upper arms, general weakness. At the onset had extreme sharp abdominal pains and vomiting for one night. I feel slightly better for a few days then worse again and can't seem to get back to a normal energy level. Sometimes I am overcome by extreme fatigue which almost forces me to sleep, if not, I feel faint. I've had 2 rounds of blood tests...waiting for results on the 2nd but the first showed only elevated white blood cells indicative of a viral infection. I am not the only one. I know at least 2 other people with the same symptoms and they are still not recovered either. I therefore do not bellieve it is mono, I think flu viruses are becoming stronger or mutate within our bodies so our T cells can't overcome them. I'm going to try a few natural cures I read about on the internet, doctors can do nothin
Yeah Flu in Boston
- It came on slow, started feeling tired a week before at work, then dizzy, bad head-ache, nauseous, fever, then vomit @work not nice. Down for the count for 4 days now no fever slowly feeling better.
- —Guest Lula
- I woke up on December 2nd with a sore throat... Very hard for me swallow. I went out on December 3rd and when I got into the car I had a headache so I layed down. I fell asleep and when I woke up the car was heated but I was freezing. I had on a jacket, a scarf, and 2 coats. I slept in the jacket and scarf and woke up at 4 a.m with a fever. I had a headache, a stomachache, and sore throat, along with a sore body and stiff back. Ive been in bed all day today and haven't ate anything. I fell asleep for 5 hours and woke up Monday morning. I tried to get out of bed for school but the dizziness pushed me back into bed. I've been so weak that I can't go to the bathroom. I don't want meds or water. I feel so horrible... Is this the flu?
- —Guest Rae2
- I woke up on December 2nd with a sore throat... Very hard for me swallow. I went out on December 3rd and when I got into the car I had a headache so I layed down. I fell asleep and when I woke up the car was heated but I was freezing. I had on a jacket, a scarf, and 2 coats. I slept in the jacket and scarf and woke up at 4 a.m with a fever. I had a headache, a stomachache, and sore throat, along with a sore body and stiff back. Ive been in bed all day today and haven't ate anything... Is this the flu?
- —Guest Rae
- I recieved a flu shot in Oct.But got some kind of virus the last week of Nov. Diarhea,upset stomach,headache,aches and pains all over.It has lasted now over a week.Feeling better today Dec.4th. Finally!
- —Guest Chan
- I live in the southern hemisphere but have recently travelled north into a European winter! Long story short, after three days of temperatures below freezing I seem to have caught a flu. I hate being sick! First day I woke up with a very sore throat, so I knew straight away I was getting sick. Next day my entire body was weak and achy, and I could hardly get out of bed. The day after my body was still achy and weak but I started to feel flem in the back of my throat and this has turned into a very flemy cough. It's the fourth day since I have had this stupid bug and I'm ready to glug down some morphine or something to get rid of the feeling. I hate being sick!
- —Guest Jordan
- Woke up monday and had a headache and was crazy tired. Fell asleep in two classes and once i got home the headache was back. The next morning i woke up and my throat was sore nose was clogged and stayed home from school. I fell asleep for two hours got up went into another room and fell asleep from 2:00 till 6:00 and have a headache, the chills, temperature of 99.6, sore throat, clogged nose, and when i get up im dizzy and i dont have an appetite and just cant figure out whats going on.
- —Guest Alex