- I have the flu right now and I'm miserable. I have been in bed for a week. Last night I couldn't breathe and I was so dehydrated that my mouth was dry. My whole body ached last night and no amount of cold medicine helped
- —Guest Karen
flu really sucks.
- So i started with the flu last thursday so its been 8 days. It went away on tuesday, i thought it was gone! Then wednesday hit, and the flu hit harder. Aches everywhere, coughing up pints of globby mucus, sick from coughing, breathing is hard, so exhausted, cant lie down, cant sit up, and definitely cant stand! Dehydrated, nose bleeds, sped up metabolism, hot and cold..then hot again and repeat! Appetite gone, nausea, face on fire, throat on fire...you get the picture. No one is helping me, treating me like a plague victim. I dont even care right now. Ran out of cocodamol today and now feeling the full effect..great. im really emotional and tired from not much sleep. Had swine flu a couple of years back, this flu right now feels almost as bad! Except i dont have a fever..whats up with that? Im definitely not complaining though! Im off to get another bath...if i can get up off my couch that is. Hope whoever is reading this feels better soon!
- —Guest aww no!
Hopeless/Doctors are Clueless 2013
- I have had this illness for 2 1/2 months now. Every time I think I am getting better, it slams me again. Started with earache and red nasal passages and redness in throat. Took Z Pac for earache. Then other symptoms came in. The dry cough and the nausea which won't go away. Constant Chills and sweats and low grade fever. Day and night. Muscles are very tight. Legs feel like I have polio. Muscles twitch in legs, arms, elbows, face, anywhere and everywhere. Head feels clogged up and noises seem louder. If I bend over, I get nauseated again. Been to 7 doctors, ER 3 times and more. It feels like Malaria with the shaking, convulsive chills. No high fever either. Doctors keep saying virus and give me no relief. The just nod their heads. I have never been this ill in my entire life and I feel all alone because no one seems to understand how severe these symptoms are or has even put a finger on what it is. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stand this suffering. Good luck to all
- I was out then i came back and i had a headache then i watched tv and it got worse so i went to bed and i woke up in the middle of the night and my chest has been hurting and today i woke up in the middle of the night again and now i have an achey arm and i feel sick and through these days i have had a cold and blocked nose i have had this for 2 days.
- —Guest mm
- ok ,so having long term back/joint problems ,I thought I could handle pain...Oh nOO!!That was before this awful head splitting ,diorreah virus.bug ,which struck suddenly and so fast I had to get home ,asap!..Now ,after 3 days of diorreah and nausea ,and the ongoing sinus/head pain ...dry eyes ,earache and chronic muscle pain ,so bad I want to crawl under the covers and only emerge when this has stopped!Ifeel for any1 suffering from whatever bug/virus this is..i`m already on morphine (serious allergy to brufen:(..It holds on fast and leaves u weak and weepy..
- —Guest sharron
So Stinkin Sick
- Chills. fever, body ache, chest congestion, coughing and burning in chest. Could no eat. Took Tamiflu. Last dose on Sunday. Still coughing my head off, now fells like sinus infection with head hurting, cough has broken to sounding like I'm full of cold. Help me
- —Guest Karen C
- Less then a month ago my friend had just came back from Bali with a flu or cold, he said it was from the aircon they were in at their hotel, well when he got back he came over and pased the cough and extremely runny nose to me after afew days i started to feel abit better but still had that anoying cough this was back like a month ago and i had that stupid cough all the way until now, infact now i got another poxy flu or cold. how....
- —Guest Shane
- I have been terribly ill with flu and cold for over a week. I constantly cough up phlegm day and nite. Lost appetite entirely. can only take liquids. Very, very week and sick. Mar. 23, 2013. Does anyone else have this?
- —Guest Joanne
- It's now Friday, I've been sick since Monday night. Went to the dr & got Tamiflu on Tuesday. I though I was better Thursday & earlier today, but I had the runs all day & a pounding headache. Now I'm laying here sweating out a 103 fever. Will it ever end? I've never been so achy/dizzy in my life :( help me
- —Guest M_ang
Flu strain b
- My son had flu strain b 2 wks ago, my daughter last week, and now I tested positive for it 2 days ago. The first day I just thought it was allergies from all of the pollen. The next day was downhill from there, my back was aching, I was freezing, ears ached, and I knew it wasn't just allergies. When i went to doctor my fever was 101.5. I am taking Tamiflu but it is my third day taking it and I don't feel much better. My ribs hurt from coughing, I feel as if I've been working my abs nonstop. Spring break is next week, I'm hoping to get better.
- —Guest Ange
To what I think the flu
- Today Tuesday 19th of march 2013 at 2.22am as possibly the worst night ever! I can't sleep! Keep needing a drink and already had 2 baths in the space of 6 hours, one at 9pm and one at 1.35am! My legs are the worst pain of it all! I'm a little bit sweaty and sore throat but its mainly my legs I don't think I can cope with!!! Please help me ! It started of just ache in my lower back, and being a girl I thought I was due on, but it's gone down hill for here! This is my second day! I don't think I can last another! Oh yeah and no point it wasting my energy to go the doctors
- —Guest LoZ
Flu type B
- After 4 days of fever, aches, severe congestion, cough, headache, I got worse. I had a flu test, and was positive for the type B strain. Now it has been 7 days, and still not much better. Still have a fever, aches and terrible cough. My nose has cleared up though. All of this accompanied by severe weakness. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.
- —Guest badspotteddog
- Im 17 years old ive had the flu once time before and it was hell. Im pretty sure I have it again. I woke up this morning feelin alittle crummy. Over the past 12 it got like 5 times worse. Muscles feel like I just done running a marathon. Their sensitive to touch and my knee and.below feels tired. It takes alot of effort and when I walk around I feel like im going to loose my balance. Also I have a headache, swollen thyroids and really dry eyes. Hope I get better
- —Guest Eli D.
gets worse before it gets better
- Not fun. I didn't want to eat or drink anything. I had trouble getting out of bed. Felt paralyzed. Had 104 fever and spaztic chills for 2 days. This was the real deal. What you got to do is drink tons of water, try to eat something light, keep an ice pack on your head, alternate Advil/tylonol all day, and be positive. Also, get to the doctor w/n 48 hrs of the signs of the flu so you can get a Rx for Tamiful (it's expensive but it's worth it) And be courteous of others- wash you hands, cover your mouth, brush your teeth
- —Guest Wade
must be flu
- Started on sunday, got severe chills, aching all over, thought it was just a cold! Went to bed that same day as it all came over me all of a sudden. The shivering was so bad i thought i was gonna break my teeth! not wanting to eat, temperature up and down, then on day 4 coughing fit, nothing coming up, can hardly see my eye balls burn that badly, and no energy for anything, tried a nice hot bath, could barely get out of the bath tub! Now feeling tight chested and cant get enough air! waiting for a call back from the emmergancy dr
- —Guest Jordan