- My symptoms were as follows. Day 1 bad headache and stabbing pains in head. Day 2 sore throat and severe aches and pains in joints, fever, cough, feeling sick. Day 3-7 bed bound, no appetite, chest infection diagnosed and anti-biotics given. Day 8-14 still feeling unwell and no appetite, still unable to go to work. Following 2 weeks were the same but gradually felt better. fatigue and muscle soreness persisted for about a month afterwards. A truly horrid illness.
- —Guest annat
- In the morning I felt fine, then WHAM! In the evening, the onset of what I believed to be the flu began to introduce itself. Whatever it was, it put me on my back for 2 days. I experienced fever in the day and chills at night. I also felt sluggish and weak, sort of like the 'De-energizer Bunny'. On the third day, I felt drained, but I was feeling surprisingly good (yeah!). With that said..., here's the question that I was leading up to: Could I have had influenza without the cough, phlegm, or congestion?
Don't know what this is
- Sudden coughing on Fri night (nearly 2 weeks ago)like I'd breathed dust. One minute fine, next minute coughing! During night not much sleep, for coughing up gunk. The got what seemed like a cold, but evil chesty cough with it. Now 12 days later hardly any better. Know this isn't a cold! Ribs so sore from coughing, keep getting too hot then normal again, have NO energy. I'm usually fit and walk miles. Can hardly walk 1/2 mile now. Just keep wanting to sleep. Am existing on soup and toast. Can hardly taste anything and don't want to eat much else, but no nausea, just lack of appetite. My chest feels awful. When is this going to end?? Nearly 2 weeks in now.
- —Guest Dude
- It started on wednesday when my ribs were hurting all day and I didn't know why then thursday I got woke up with this massive mirgraine but I suffer with them so I thought it was normally but on friday I was coughing up phelgm and blood it was really scary I haven't been to the doctors yet but I will have to I think:(
- —Guest guestywesty
- 2 days ago I fell asleep and I woke up with neck pains? Then my stomach started hurting....if I take medicine it goes away for about 3 hours and I kno when it's coming back Becuz I get the chills and my teeth start to chatter. I have headaches,body aches,fever......
- —Guest Guest Shawn
- Day 1 I woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom to vomit spent the whole day on the sofa with stomach pains and nausea unable to even move day 2 feeling better but severe stomach pain day 3 headache hot and cold sweats running nose cough and sneezing and still no better on day 7 feels a lot worse
- —Guest jess
Gradual flu symptoms
- Started Saturday afternoon. just crept up on me. chill,sweats, severe body qches. knocked me out! Day two. sweats got worse. a lil sinus stuff. coughing began. im a renal transplant patient so i cant take many meds. tylenol. coricidin. sleep and shower. day 3 coughing still persistent pain in back and chest no mucus. still sweating. if it doesnt get better by tomorrow. doctors office
- —Guest Star
it came out of nowhere
- Woke up with slight headache and kinda chilled, went to work, headache increased to a full blown migraine feeling like it was coming from the base of my skull/neck area, got home soaked in the tub and when I got out I could feel it creeping in and taking over.. I was feverish, achy, and chilly, I woke up with sore throat and severe drainage, as of now I'm on day 3, i feel feverish, and extremely exhausted. My chest is sore to breathe and the drainage keeps me from speaking or I'll get choked up.. I just want to be better.. :(
- —Guest bree
what do i have!!!
- okay so I normally don't go to school due to social anxiety. but last night I couldn't sleep because my throat was sour and my mum left the heater on so my nose was really stuffy!, I woke up and had the worst head ache/migraine, all my joints hurt my throat is worse, and I have the chills one minute Im boiling the next im freezing!. my parents think its bull because I always take days off but this one im actually so sick!
- —Guest julia
- It started when I got a headache so bad that I felt like my was about to explode and felt so cold but I had no fever. The next day I had a small headache and was feeling nauseous and then I started breathing heavily like someone is choking me and have pain in my stomach. Please help.
- —Guest Sick
Yes I caught a summer flu
- Sunday night I was SO cold. Monday morning after being up for just about an hour, I noticed I just didn't feel so good. Needed to lay down. Then for the next 24 hours, I was oh so cold, yet sweating like crazy, stomach was upset, couldn't eat and when I did ( chicken soup) my stomach was even more uncomfortable. I don't take antibiotics, so instead I took, garlic, oil of oregano, iodine, aloe vera, vitamin c, Cinnamon, berberine, And pau d'arco. Along with the chills and sweating , my arms , legs and back muscles hurt so bad. Especially when touched firmly. Had a headache behind my eyes. Often times I felt the need to yack but didn't. No bowel issues. Took another does of the natural herbs Tuesday morning and by early evening I started finally feeling better. No longer had chills nor excessive sweating.
- —Guest blue rose
- I had vomiting,sweating,runny nose,loose stools and peeing a lot,pain in my stomach really bad. Then I vomited again and agin!
- —Guest Sick
Still feeling sick!
- Like Melissa I got such sore skin to begin with, then the shivers & high temp. Then I felt dizzy & my muscles really ached. No sore throat or runny nose though. It's now nearly a week since it started to pass (was bed bound for 4 days) & I still feel so sick all the time. I have no appetite & dread the feeling after food. Having a mint tea now in fact. Also, I'm 20 weeks preg. Had blood tests for all sorts of viral infections & all came back normal so dr thinks flu...in summer! Hot weather doesn't help, a cool dark room & plenty of rest does help & fresh fruit goes down better than anything else. Get well all x
- —Guest GuestLau
It irritates me
- after my fever is gone. my breathing is not normal it feels so stuck and i feel dizzy when i look up and down. and my ears are getting red and i feel like im collpasing ugh
- —Guest Aaron
Is this the flu
- I have a soar throat a migrian and I fell like like I'm going to puke I also have a fever
- —Guest Gsmaster