- day one: got home from work Friday night, exhausted, developed scratchy throat, dry cough, Saturday feeling cold chills all day, cough getting worse, very tired, sore throat, Sunday sick! Ache from head to toe, hands even hurt, no appetite, Monday fever, chills, can barely sit up or walk, painful chest congestion and cough, fever, to the clinic I went, flu shot 2 months ago in October...... Doc swabbed my nose, positive for flu, gave me Tamiflu and hydrocodone cough syrup, alternating tylenol with ibuprofen, no appetite, symptoms started to improve that night, it's now Wed, still no appetite and diarrhea once today, so sipping on ginger ale and gatorade, saltine crackers, but cough is mostly gone, fever mostly gone, losing alot of weight, but not pleasant! Want to feel bettersoon! Still weak, achy.
- —Guest LeeAnn
I think I'm ill
- I can't sleep ive also had a headache for the last week and my throat is so sore It hurts when I have a drink. I've had this for two days but as I had said the headache for a week
- —Guest Pappy01
- I don't know if I have the flu, but I have a low fever, a cough that is very Mucusy, my head hurts constantly and gets worse whenever I move. I also have chills and feel very nauseous but haven't thrown up? It's horrible, but I just got over a cold and this is not a cold. What's wrong with me?
- —Guest Brie
Flu pneumonia and strep.
- It started on Christmas. Currently at 34 hours. Rolling fever,chills, sweats, fever again. Sore throat. Almost bloody looking. Coughing causes unbelievable pressure on my lungs. Can't sleep. Feel weak. Body hurts. No BM for two days then diarrhea. Constant head ache. I lost my job 6 weeks ago and no healthcare. Drinking 3.5 liters of water a day. Regimen of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, cough drops, chloraseptic, gargling salt water. Taking showers and hot tea. Hoping not to die. Lol. No flu shot for me. My mom got hers in 2006 and became paralyzed. Now she has transverse mylenitis. And spontaneous kidney disease. Hope this helps the next person on what to do. *RN
- —Guest Eyegirl2020
hell runny nose up all night
- I don't get ill often but when I do its terrible. This time my throat burns, head aches, blocked nose on both sides and a runny nose. I have been up alll night not a single minute of sleep 99
- —Guest sara
- Ive had the flu for 6 days. Im still extremely dizzy with rumny nose and dry cough and headaches. When will it stop i have to go back to work! U think by now tgey would find a cure for the flu or at least a Medicine that is AFFORDABLE that can kick its butt!!!! Im dying here!!!!
- —Guest pp
flu or death
- Monday Dec 16 (my 31st bday) got leg cramps, chills, fatigue. By Tuesday realized i was sick went to work anyway. After a week of every inch of my body aching hardly any phlegm, extremely intense chills and sweats finally went to er Thursday. Received Motrin and Tamiflu insurance didnt cover Tamiflu so I took the motrin. Its now Saturday still in bed dizzy and chest hurting. Most other symptoms but chest and fatigue gone. If chest doesnt stop worrying me will be returning to ER. This has been the longest most painful illness ever..
- —Guest Mackie
taking the life out of me
- I feel worse than I felt with my gullblatter surgery. Day 1 felt tired and aches in chest. Day 1 and 2 I felt severe pains throughout body, nausea and bad cough attacks and chills and fevers. Day three severe weakness, unable to walk up steps or takes step without feeling like I'm going to faint. During these day I regularly had a headache behind my eyes. I'm on day 4 and now bed ridden and sicker than ever. I'm growing concerned with the leg weakness getting worse.
- —Guest sharmeka
do I have the flu
- I woke up and had a thore thoat and I was in gym and got realy dizzy when I was running and got a headach the next day I felt a little better but my throat still hurt a little the next day I felt dizzy the hole day
- —Guest kuhndog
Zombie Haz Flu????
- had the worst flu about two weeks ago: fever,shivers,exhausted but couldnt sleep,no appetite,coughing up gross greeny gunge,sore throat,feeling all trippy,vomiting up everything...just feeling utterly pants! my kiddo(she's just about to turn four) even got ill and she's had 2 flu jabs! my hubby got ill too but has gotten well waaaay faster then me! I've been taking OTC cold meds and hot toddys as needed. According to Dr Phil Luton of the Health Protection Agency(the uk version of the CDC,I interviewed him a few months ago,he's been on a documentary called the truth about zombies) the way to tell if its flu and not a cold/viral thingie is to ask "if you saw a £20 note on the floor would you be able to bend down and pick it up?" if you can physically do it,that isnt flu... so officially,its flu!(dammit!) i was feeling a bit better all week until this afternoon when all of a suden i got hit with all my symptoms again but just wanted to sleep all the time,i have literally cat-napped si
- —Guest Zombie Zoe
Ughhh. Help me.
- Day 1: I felt fine except my throat was a little sore. Then I started coughing up blood. Eventually my head began to hurt, and the was a lot of pressure on my eyes. When I went home my temperature increased to 100.1. I passed out on my couch for about 5 hours then took a hot bath. That comforted me a little bit. I took some medicine then went to bed. I was coughing all night. NO SLEEP! My body is still sore, my throat still hurts, my head hurts, and I'm exhausted.
- —Guest rootie
First flu of my life
- I've never had the flu & have always been anti-flu shot. I will never ever not get one now. About a week before I got really sick I got the chills really bad one night. I also worked about 70+hours that week... Monday eve I just didn't feel good. Tuesday my temp was 101 & It got as high as 102. No sore throat. No congestion. My whole body hurt and had been the week before I knew why. Also had a headache. Went to the dr Tuesday because when I would breath deep it hurt. Wednesday I thought I was through the worst. BUT Wednesday eve it kicked my ass again. No high temp but it hurt bad to breath, head pounded, ached and if I took anything I would sweat like I have never sweated before! I also started coughing some. Nothing there but each time would make my head POUND. Back hurts and hurts my chest. So it's been 5 day of feeling horrific. I don't want to eat, talk to my family, or even watch TV. Has it gone to viral pnemonia? Now I know why people get the flu shot.
- —Guest Kristine
- Started with sore throat, then that night woke up with raging headache and feeling sick. Next day woke and had chills, body aches, headache, fever, joint pain etc. Was extremely tired and my appetite had vanished. Day 3 i couldn't stand up without holding onto something, was extremely weak, dizzy, couldn't focus on anything and dreading the thought of doing anything that included getting out of bed. Felt like i was sinking in my mattress, completely deflated. None of the symptoms went and i gradually got a dry cough with chest pain, felt like i'd been running a mile in cold weather! Tried to go back to work but just got sent home as i felt i was going to faint, tried to go for a short walk for fresh air but didn't have the energy, it completely knocked me back. This is the 7th day now, going to the doctors tomorrow if these symptoms carry on. Wouldn't wish this upon anyone!!
- —Guest Em
- Started with sneezing, like allergy attack. Day 2.chills, sneezing, thick mucus down throat, aching bones, even fingernails 3.threw up, stomach pain, coughing, burning chest, fever around 102. Day4 sinuses super blocked, headache, no appetite, fatigue, thought fever broke, came back up to 99.7 last night. Sinuses still congested, even bled a bit. Conjunctivitus in both eyes, cannot sleep. Day 5. Feeling like crap, I think this is the worst thing I've had,,,now my husband has it. I am a teacher, fretting about missing more work, but I don't want students catching this....afraid it's affecting my severe sinuses,,,,the pressure is over the top.... I would cry, but it will make it worse.
- —Guest Donna
- Started with sneezing, like allergy attack. Day 2.??,6
- —Guest Donna