- Headache, can't focus, shakes, fever and watery diarrhea ): I'm aching all over and I feel so weak. Dont know what to do
- —Guest Tiff
Sick for 6 Weeks
- This is awful and I'm wondering why it's lasting so long. It started with a sore throat and a cough. The cough progressively got worse until I coughed for over a half hour at a time. The coughing is only once in awhile now, but I still have night sweats, fatigue, weakness in my muscles (even a walk up the stairs leaves me breathless). Headache, muscle pain in back and neck, vomiting, nausea, no appetite.
- —Guest DAB
- Started last night about 6 with chills. Couldn't get warm. Temp outside was 70+. Then cramps, diarrhea, major body aches, and 100.4 fever. Went to bed about 9:30, couldn't sleep - really stuffy nose. Called doc for tamiflu. Will pick up soon. Hope it eorks
- —Guest revclaud
- Day 1- fatigue- I thought I had allergies, but I slept in til 11:00 AM which is longer than I've slept since college. Day 2- woke up at 4:30AM unable to breathe properly. Woke up sweating fever of 100.1. Dizzy, exhausted, disoriented, loose stools. Day 3- woke up at 2:30AM freezing and shivering. Fever 102.6. Disoriented, dizzy, loose stools, nausea, runny nose, cough, sore throat, severe joint pain, kidneys ache, pain during urination. Severe headache, burning chest phlegm- heart pain, muscle stiffness & soreness, ringing in ears, dark vision, severe malaise & exhaustion, spine pain, foul taste in mouth, low appetite, funky body odor, profuse sweating, shaky legs, sinus pain. Day 3 woke up at 6:30AM in a puddle of sweat, fever 101.1, felt better during the day, thought I kicked it. Fever went away. Aches & pains mostly subsided. Sinuses began to clear up. Day 4- woke up 2:00AM fever came back- woke up drenched. EXTREME headache radiating down my spine, throbbing. Ran out of space...
- —Guest EarlyTruck
What's Going On??
- Day1: I felt a sore throat coming on. Day2: i woke up dizzy, with a runny nose, and a rattled cough. Mid afternoon that same day my whole body became extremely sore it hurt to move. And i have a cough that felt as if i was coughing up blood (but wasn't) and felt like it was burning and ripping my chest. Day3: I have a cough that burns my chest and still a runny nose but my body is less sore. Now my throat feels like it's being ripped!
- —Guest Brittbratzz
Flu - or something like it
- I worked out on a Thursday. The next day I felt a little weak, but just put that down to the workout, as I hadn't been in a gym for a while. Had planned Friday to go for a run, which I did. Again, felt tired and weak afterwards, but attributed the fatigue to just getting older, more exercise than I'm used to and the normal end-of-the-week malaise. The next day I woke with a headache and felt very weak and tired. I was starting to think that something was wrong, but that night confirmed it. My body started aching, the headache intensified and my temperature rose. Spent most of the rest of the next day in bed. Took some thera-flu by mid-day and went back to bed. Sweated profusely, and felt a little better, so I got up and started doing somethings around the house. The symptoms quickly came back, so I went back to bed. Pretty much the same story for the next couple of days. The symptoms would abate after sleep, rest and medication, but would return quickly if I over did it.
- —Guest stiggotracey
- I been sick for four days now. Day 1- horrible head ache, felt pukey, very tired. Day 2- no head ache, still very tired, had little enrgery, slept a lot. Barley drank and ate. Day 3- still no head ache, but felt like I was going to get sick, but didn't. Still didn't eat much nor drank much. Day 4- felt slightly better but if I get up and walk around my head will start spinning and I get very weak were I want to faint. Also now my legs shake when I walk. And my lower back hurts. (more than likely from barely eating and drinking.)
- —Guest victoria
Worst flu for 2012
- Fever night sweats for 10 days, Nausea. joint pain back and finger joins, Major sinus infection. lack o f appetite coughing continued sinus pain. this has been going on for a month.Got scared as I have never been this for so long. Loose bowels too.
- —Guest Barbara
Had Flu Mist
- Still got it. Thought it was allergies on day 1. Day 2 fever spiked to 104, productive cough with upper chest congestion, full sinuses with headache back to ears, lower back pain, some shortness of breath. Day 3 on meds fever still hit 103.7 in the afternoon. Massive night sweats night 3 and 4. Sweat through 6 sets of sheets night 3 and 3 sets on night 4. Day 5 wasn't too bad with light activity. Day 6 did moderate activity at work and wore myself out. Day 7 back at home with very low fever, headache, cough, congestion. Plan on back to work tomorrow. Very contagious - my wife and 2 kids got it 4 days after me. Not so bad for the kids, but my wife is in rough shape. Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen kept the fever down below 104.
- —Guest Pat
Worst flu in ten years
- Came on 8 days ago. Started as a persistent cough. Later in the day, deep body chills. Wasn't able to eat for 4 or 5 days. Today is the first day I have been what I would call even semi-functioning
Flu with no sinus or cough
- I thought I had just worked out at the gym too hard and wax over-trained. That evening I was weak, no appetite, and couldn't sleep from the exhaustion. Felt "ok" the next day but with the lack of sleep I came home and took a nap. Oh boy! Woke up at around 9 PM with the worst headache and body aches and fever of 100.5. Fever got up to 102.7 that night and the headache and body aches were AWFUL. OH...and lots of sweating. Stayed in bed the next day drinking fluids, eating light, and taking Ibuprofen. Fever sort of broke. Thought I was doing better the next day and then suddenly got faint and dizzy and had to go home. Back came the headaches - especially when I stand up. So now here I am with no fever, sweats, headache, and slight body ache. Who knows when it will end for good? Ugh.
- —Guest wvuametz
got the flu, it is all over here
- I came down with the flu on Friday. I had the worst headache, and was extremely nauseous. I threw up until I fell asleep at about midnight. On day 2, I had congestion, raspy voice, runny nose. It is day 3 now and I have chills, slight fever, exhausted, I want to just nap. I am done with it already. It hard to deal with the flu and take care of kids on top of it.
- —Guest rach
- what I experienced was opposite every one else's stories - I had a fever for 4 days of 102-103f and sore body all over but no other symptoms - just felt weak and hot/cold - on the 5th day was still weak but felt good enough to go to work - on the 6th day started coughing and found my chest to be very tight - almost couldnt breathe - now 10th day and i have full blown cough with phlegm and mucus trying to get out - but still no other symptoms? Wondering now if i had the flu or just a chest infection? Not sure as I've never had something like this before?
- —Guest mom2girls
- i suddenly got flu overnight one day i was fine the next day i thought i was dying sore throat night sweats awful
- —Guest mauren doughty
- The previous days I have been working hard on running and later a paintball tournament and today when i woke up everything hurt! my skin,muscles,stomach, you name it :( I think I have a flu.
- —Guest Adam