- Generic Chlortrimeton (old type of OTC antihistamine) makes me feel like I have no cold. Drink lots of water, too. Musinex with lots of water as soon as I stop continuously nose-dripping keeps me from getting bronchitis.
- —Guest Stacy
Deal with sinusitis
- My problems with sinus symptoms started many years and kept getting worse. Nothing I did for a cold helped at all, it always turned into sinusitis.
Finally, in my old age, I asked for allergy testing. The results were not terribly impressive, but I went with the injections, anyway, starting in January of this year. What an improvement they have made! I only caught one cold this year and have not developed sinusitis at all. Allergy injections were definitely the right course for me when nothing else worked.
- i've had the surgery. didn't help. best thing is saline rinse, as warm as you can stand it.
- —Guest guestjan
- I've become tolerant of the antihistamines and the decongestants, and any kind of spray or sinus rinse makes the whole thing worse. My insurance won't pay for surgery unless I make myself ill with meds. I give up and resign to living with constant drainage and sinus pressure.
- —Guest agemini68
I hate colds
- I hate colds! They're so nasty, for me it's a sore throat every time, then body aches, fever, and stuffy nose. Let's not forget a headache for a few days. I hate colds! I take asprin for the fever and headaches. But most of the time I take easy and drink enough water.
- —Guest guest