Active Ingredients (in each 5ml tablespoon):
Dextromethorphan HBr 10mg (cough suppressant)
Guafenisen 100mg (expectorant)
Phenylephrine HCl 5mg (nasal decongestant)
Adults 12 and older - Two teaspoons every 4 hours as needed for cough. Do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours.
Children ages 6 to 12 - One teaspoon every 4 hours. Do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours.
Children ages 2 to 6 - One half (1/2) teaspoon every 4 hours. Do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours.
Children under age 2 - Do not use.
Uses for Robitussin Cough and Cold CF:
Temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation from:
- Common Cold
- Inhaled Irritants
Helps loosen phlegm (mucous) and thins bronchial secretions to make cough more productive.
Relieves nasal congestion from the common cold and flu.
Side Effects of Robitussin Cough and Cold CF:
- Drowsiness or weakness
- Mild skin rash
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Mild headache
- Excitement, nervousness or restlessness
- Dizziness or fainting spells
- Excessive sweating
- High blood pressure or numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Severe, persistent or worsening headache
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Tremor or muscle contractions
Rare but serious side effects that should be reported to your doctor immediately:
Do not use in children under 2 years old.
Ask a Doctor Before Use:
- If you have a chronic cough that is caused by asthma, smoking or emphysema
- If you have a cough that produces a lot of mucous
- If you have heart disease or high blood pressure
- If you have thyroid disease
- If you have diabetes
- If you have trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Stop use and ask doctor if:
- Pain or cough worsens or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough occurs with fever, headache or rash won't go away
- You get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
Source: "Robitussin Cough and Cold Product Labeling." Wyeth Consumer Healthcare 2007. 11 May 2007.
"Robitussin Cough and Cold Product Labeling." Wyeth Consumer Healthcare 2007. 11 May 2007.