1. Health

As flu season is (finally) winding down and allergy season is starting up, you may be experiencing some complications from your various wintertime illnesses.

While there are all sorts of things that can come after the flu or a cold, some of the most common are ear infections. This is especially true with children. Some kids are more prone to ear infections than others, but there are very few that seem to make it through childhood without at least one. If you or your child are having ear pain, there is a good chance you may have an ear infection.

But that doesn't necessarily mean antibiotics. While certain people may be good candidates for antibiotics when they have an ear infection, recent research has shown that ear infections in most adults and older kids will resolve on their own within a week or so.

More Complications From Colds and Flu:

Comments
April 7, 2008 at 7:32 am
(1) Top100admin says:

Ear infection can be very dangerous. Antibiotica will help. Also anti-fungal meds are good.

January 31, 2009 at 5:12 pm
(2) gene says:

iam 63 year old and my left ear rings all the time why?

April 30, 2009 at 10:10 am
(3) pilar says:

im having a ear hurt i dont know what to do help me plz

October 17, 2009 at 5:37 pm
(4) gene says:

any one here! wondering if any answer my questions my ear hurt all the time why? i had 3 surgeys it ring all the

October 29, 2009 at 3:35 pm
(5) gene says:

does anyone ever answer these questioon

March 6, 2010 at 11:37 am
(6) sammywammy says:

were u ever i n the army or somewhere were you had shottings. My father has the same thing . But there is nothing to do about it exept for hering aid. maybe

June 16, 2010 at 12:27 pm
(7) victoria says:

hi im 10 years old and my ear hurts and that is very

scary.

February 12, 2011 at 7:30 pm
(8) gene says:

does anyone ever answer these question? why does my ear ring all the time and hurts? i been to 7 doctors they dont know!

February 26, 2011 at 11:48 am
(9) Italian Baby says:

My Ear Keeps Closing Back Up If I Pull It Down. Does Anyone Know What That Means??? I Tryed Asking Every Site On The Internet And It Keeps Saying “No Results Found” Someone Help!!!!! IM DYING!!!!!

March 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm
(10) Marilu says:

Hey Well I’m Wondering If I Could Get Help For My Mom. Her Ear Keeps Hurting, And She Also Says That Her Throught Hurts… So I Want To Know What That Means, Or What It Is ?

March 29, 2012 at 5:44 pm
(11) natasha says:

@gene….Most likey your losing your hearing and when this happens you hear the ringing in your ear louder than when you could hear better. I have the same thing in my right ear..It started 20 years ago…and over time got better with over the counter herbs/treatments. Remain calm, cause anxiety makes it worse. This condition is called tinitus which is a constant ringing in one or bith your ears. Its cause my ear damage to the cells I believe..maybe loud noise caused or or a bad ear infection that was never properly treated.. It suxks, I know..When I get an ear infection it rings louder for me..like right now cause i have an ear ache, normally I can only hear it if its really quiet or I lay on my bad ear..For now Im trying to clear up my congestion and fluid that im thinking is in my ear. Being 63 im sure this is something to do with losing your hearing..Im suorised the docotrs you seen didnt tell you this? You can get a hearing aid that will basically help with your hearing as well as cut out the ringing sound..not sure how this works, but i heard it does. You could have the tiny bones in your body deteriorating which happens with age..I woudl suggest a hearing aid..but first demand a cat scan and have some tests run my a ears nose throat specialist..Im sorry you’re suffering from this as I do..Im sure when Im your age I will be getting a hearing aid as well.. Im praying for you to get better!

July 27, 2012 at 1:04 am
(12) Preslee says:

Please help me my ear just started hurting extremely bad and i cant sleep, i cant hear out of it please help me!

September 26, 2012 at 7:43 am
(13) Salma says:

Hi I’m 15 years old and my ear and jaw have been hurting so bad like if someone stab me or something I can’t sleep at all.. Please help

November 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm
(14) Brooke says:

My head has been throbbing for 3 days and my hurts off and on. Could this be an ear infection or something else. Please help?

January 7, 2013 at 3:00 am
(15) Vivian says:

Check your tonsil as it could be caused by tonsil stones or tonsiilitis. It tends to cause your ears to ache.